The booty can be a hard muscle zone to tone up but have no fear, we’ve got the ultimate butt-toning guide using the trusted bridge move. The bridge exercise keeps your hips in an extended position, so the glutes are contracted and ready to fire with small movements. These bridge variations capitalize on the burn factor to tone up your butt in the hip-extension position, which allows you to get more contraction with each move.
In addition, hip bridges strengthen your lower back, which helps support your hip structure and booty appearance. Increase or decrease the number of repetitions to adjust the intensity to your desired level.
1. Single-Leg Hip Bridge
- Lie on your back and raise your hips up toward the ceiling.
- Keep your knees bent at a 45-degree angle with your feet planted on the ground.
- Continue to keep your hips raised as you straighten your left leg.
- Your right leg remains in the bent position as you lower your hips to the ground and raise them back up to the starting position.
- Complete 20 on the right side before switching to the left side.
- Go through three rounds to complete this bridge series.
- This focuses on toning one side of your glutes at a time for isolated maximum contraction.
2. Double-Leg Hip Bridge
- As with the single-leg hip bridge, lie on your back and raise your hips toward the ceiling.
- Continue to keep your knees bent at a 45-degree angle with your feet planted on the ground.
- Lower your hips to the ground and then quickly raise them back up into the fully extended position.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement and hold for 1-2 seconds before lowering back down to complete one repetition.
- Perform three rounds of 20 hip bridges.
- This movement fires both glutes at the same time.
- Remember to breathe as you contract your muscles!
3. Weighted Hip Bridge
- Amp up your hip-bridge game with some weighted hip bridges.
- Lie back and raise your hips up with your feet on the ground.
- Place a weighted plate on top of your hips and lower both hips to the ground.
- Raise hips up to the starting position for one repetition.
- The extra resistance will help you build glute explosive glute power and strength.
- Complete three rounds of 10 repetitions.
4. Hip Bridge Pulses
- You know the drill. Lie on your back with your hips extended and feet on the ground.
- Lower your hips down and bring them back up.
- Pause at the top and pulse for 30 seconds before lowering back down.
- This counts for one repetition.
- Complete three rounds of 15 repetitions to achieve a good booty workout.
- Pulses help elongate the muscle contraction to fatigue the muscles.
- The muscles build back stronger, which help produce more shapely buns.
5. Hip Bridge Hold for Time
- The last move is the simplest of them all.
- Get in your hip bridge position and hold your hips in the extended position for time.
- Start with 30 second rounds and build up to 1 minute or more.
- To increase the challenge, you can hold up one straightened leg at a time.
- This movement builds muscular endurance in your backside along with the toning benefits.
- It’s essential to focus on breathing correctly in isolated movements such as this hold.
Incorporate these movements into your lower-body workouts to increase the emphasis on butt toning. Aim to complete this routine 3-5 times per week for the best results.