– Stand tall with a tight core and make sure your feet are shoulder-width apart. Bring your hands together for balance.
– Step directly to the left, leaving your right foot in place. Bend the left knee and pause once the upper left thigh is parallel to the ground. Your right leg should be completely straight.
– Contract the hamstring muscle then push off the ground to return to the starting position. Repeat on the right side. Alternate this movement.
#2. Plié squat
– Stand up straight with a tight core and flat back. Position your feet wider than shoulder-width. Your toes should be facing out diagonally.
– Holding a dumbbell with both hands in front of you, look straight ahead and bend at the knees while driving your hips backward. Your knees should be following your toes in a diagonal line.
– Complete this wide stance squat by having your thighs come parallel with the ground. Pause and slowly return to the starting position without locking your knees. Repeat.
#3. Glute Kickbacks
– Position yourself on the ground supporting yourself on your hands and knees. Push your leg bacjward. – Brace your core and maintain a flat back as you kick your left leg back and up.
– Slowly return your leg to the starting position, not allowing the knee to touch the ground. Repeat the movement.
#4. Star Jumps
– Stand with your feet together, arms fully extended with your hands by your sides. This is the start position.
– Bend your knees slightly then straighten and push through the balls of your feet while straightening your your knees to jump up spreading your legs to wider than hip width apart.
– As you do so, raise both arms out and up in a smooth arc until your hands meet above your head. – As you return to the ground, bring your feet together and your hands back to your sides with your arms fully extended. – Continue without pause for the desired amount of time or repetitions.
– On a mat or comfortable surface, lie on your left side. Place your left hand behind your head while placing your right hand across your body.
– Bend your stacked knees so that your feet are behind you. Begin the movement by lifting the left knee up while keeping the feet together.
– Pause at the top of the movement and slowly lower your left knee down to the starting position.
#6. Dumbbell Step-Ups
– Place a bench in front of you. Hold a pair of dumbbells and stand facing the bench. Brace your core and keep your gaze straight ahead.
– Bring your right knee up and step up on to the bench. Placing all of the effort in your right leg, bring your body up into a standing position on the bench.
– Slowly lower yourself to the starting position and switch legs.
– Place your feet at shoulder width apart while keeping your chest up and your abdominals braced.
– Begin the movement by swinging your arms up towards your shoulders. At the same time, bend at the knees and drive your hips back like you’re sitting in a chair.
– Once your upper thighs are parallel with the ground, pause, then drive your hips forward to
– Get into a plank position, with your forearms on the ground, elbows directly under your shoulders, and legs extended straight behind you, feet hip-width apart.
– Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles, and your core should be braced.
– Keeping your hips parallel to the floor, squeeze your glutes to raise your right foot a few inches into the air. Hold for two seconds, then lower your foot. That’s one rep.