You might be a real hottie, but looking good for a pic is a tricky task. Posing for a picture-perfect snap is all about knowing basic things about yourself, such as your signature smile, clothes that suit you best, or the pose that you’re most comfortable in.
Here are nine tips that will help you look good in pictures.
1. GET AN ‘S’ SHAPE
Perhaps most importantly, don’t stand face-on to the camera. They say the camera adds 10 pounds and the angle of your body can have a huge impact on this.
If you stand or sit straight-on you will likely look bigger than you are and create a ‘wooden’ look.
Instead, angle your body away from the camera and push your weight onto your back foot for a more relaxed look. This should give you an ‘S’ shape — which has been deemed the most flattering in photos.
2. LOWER YOUR SHOULDERS
Drop the shoulder that’s closest to the camera downwards.
This will elongate your neck and open up your body. Try to keep your chin from facing down — point it slightly out to avoid a double chin
3. THE RULES APPLY TO SITTING TOO
If you are snapped sitting down, try to shape your silhouette too. If possible, sit up straight with your body angled away from the camera.
4. WATCH YOUR HANDS
Be careful with where you place your hands.
If you are touching your face in a snap, try not to turn your palm to face the camera. Instead, use it to replicate the contours of your face.
5. BEND YOUR KNEE
If you’re being photographed from the side — don’t forget your ‘S’ shape. This can be achieved by bending your knee a little and lowering your shoulders.
This should make you look slimmer as well as more relaxed and natural.
6. TILT YOUR HEAD
Don’t stare down the lens — this can give a harsh look.
Instead, try turning your body slightly away from the camera. You should also tilt your head for a better shot.
How To Thicken Your Eyebrows Naturally
Thick eyebrows have always been in demand. Thick, well-shaped eyebrows can enhance your look, while thin and sparse eyebrows can make you look older and dull.
Many people end up with eyebrows that are too thin because of over plucking, threading or waxing. Sometimes, thin eyebrows occur as a result of the aging process, nutritional deficiencies, poor cosmetic application or medical conditions like hypothyroidism, eczema and alopecia areata.
Medical treatments like chemotherapy and radiation can also cause hair loss, including on the brow line.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is one of the most effective remedies to boost the growth of your eyebrows. It contains protein, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish the hair follicles and promote hair growth. Plus, it is helpful in resisting any microorganisms that hamper eyebrow hair growth.
- Soak a cotton swab in pure castor oil and apply it on each eyebrow.
- Massage gently with your fingertips for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser.
- Repeat once daily for a few weeks until you notice improvement.
Note: Stop using castor oil if it causes any irritation or burning.
2. Coconut Oil
To enjoy dense and impressive eyebrows, you can use coconut oil. The various proteins as well as nutrients like vitamin E and iron in coconut oil promote healthy and thick eyebrows. It can also help make your eyebrows darker.
- Put a few drops of warm coconut oil on your fingertips and apply it on your eyebrows.
- Massage gently for a few minutes to boost blood circulation.
- Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this daily for 1 to 2 months to notice changes in the thickness of your eyebrows.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is also good for your eyebrows. Being rich in vitamin E, olive oil can help your eyebrow hair grow faster and thicker. It will also help keep it dark-hued.
- Massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of honey. Apply it on your eyebrows and massage for a few minutes. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
Follow either of these remedies once daily until you get the desired results.
4. Onion Juice
Onion juice also aids faster and denser growth of eyebrow hair. The juice has sulfur that improves the production of collagen tissues required for proper eyebrow growth. Also, it strengthens the hair follicles.
- Grind 1 small onion and extract the juice.
- Massage this juice into the eyebrows for about 5 minutes.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then wash it off with a mild cleanser and cold water.
- Follow this treatment once daily for several weeks.
5. Egg Yolk
The hair of the eyebrows is made up of keratin protein, and egg is a great source of protein. Thus, it can help improve the health of your hair, which in turn will make your eyebrows thick.
- Break 1 egg and separate the yolk from the white part.
- Beat the yolk until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Apply it on each of your brows with a cotton swab.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Use this protein treatment once or twice a week until you are satisfied with the result.
6. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds can also help grow thick eyebrows. They are rich in protein as well as nicotinic acid and lecithin that promote hair growth. The seeds also help in rebuilding hair follicles.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for at least 5 hours.
- Grind the soaked seeds into a thick paste, then add a little coconut oil or almond oil.
- Apply the paste on the brows just before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning with warm water.
- Follow this remedy 2 or 3 times a week for 2 months.