Have you ever though to yourself what causes your lips to look dark? Chemicals in lipsticks which you buy from cosmetic stores are blamed for this. These chemicals destroy tissues on lips and make it stain.
The star of this DIY is beetroot. Anyone who has handled a beetroot knows that they stain everything they come into contact with. So it makes sense to fashion a lip product out of it. Beetroot lends your lips a gorgeous pink tint and at the same time, clears up lip pigmentation. All-natural, chemical free, and inexpensive – this is lip makeup at its absolute best! Want to learn how to use it? Read on for clear and detailed instructions.
- A beetroot
- Olive oil
- Capsules of vitamin E
Beetroots make your lips look pink while the other ingredients moisturize your lips
1. Wash the beetroot thoroughly under the water, peel the outer layout off, slice into piecies then grind it completely till there is a visible watery residue.
2. Cook the juice until you see a condensed residue
3. Let it cool down for 15 minutes then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of beeswax
4. Keep cooking until the beeswax is melted
5. Wait until the mixture gets condensed then add some drops of vitamin E. Blend them well and pour the mixture into a clean container. Remember to store it in the fridge.
Caution: Do not use metal kitchen tools to prepare this handmade lipstick.
Tip: You can place a glass in the pot filled with water