Drinking coffee is probably already a longlasting habit of yours. Probably you couldn’t imagine a day without drinking at least one cup of this black magic liquid. But do you actually know enough about your favorite drink?
These coffee facts are less known and we were curious if you already knew some!
1. Dark roasted coffee contains less caffeine than light roasted coffee, this while you would think the dark version had more caffeine because of the stronger taste. At the time of the roastingprocess a part of the caffeine disapears. So usually a stronger taste means less caffeine!
2. Coffee can make you work out harder. That meaning you’ll get more energy from it. But not only you’re energy gets boosed your endurance will improve as well. Running will suddenly be much easier!
3. The ideal time to have a cup of coffee is 10:00am. The best is even to wait an hour or so after waking up before drinking. Your body makes cortisol to wake you up and this means that the caffeine that’s in the coffee doesn’t work enough when you just woke up.
4. It is possible to wake up from the smell of coffee. This was stated in a survey from Seoul National University. Maybe you can get out of bed this time!
5. Women that drink coffee have less chance on getting a depression. In a survey from Harvard School of Public Health it was shown that the chance on depression decreases with 20 perfect with women that drank four or more cups of coffee a day. It didn’t count for caffeine free coffee.
6. Coffee drinkers have 20 percent less chance on Alzheimers disease. According to a survey you’d have to drink up to five cups a day. This conclusion was shared on the annual European Alzheimer congress in 2014.
7. Coffee can prevent erectile dysfunction. The university of Texas investigated the relationship between coffee and this medical problem and they found out that is a man drinks at least two or three cups then erectile dysfunctions can decrease with 42 percent.
8. The whole population drinks 500 billion cups of coffee anually. 14 billion of this numer are Italian espresso’s
9. Cold brew coffee contains less caffeine than when prepared with heat. So during the summer months when you’re in desparate need of a caffeine shot then you could better opt for an icecoffee (not the one with icecream of course ;))