The fitness ball is a very efficient training booster. It increases your workout efficiency significantly. It is a great tool to develop the different body muscles. Besides strengthening the abs it efficiently worksout the lower back, abs, hamstrings, buttocks, triceps, shoulders, quadriceps and core. It is also a very useful tool for routine workouts which are required to have a flat stomach. It makes one concentrate while exercising and involves the muscles that are hard to use in ordinary training because of stabilizing and resistance abilities of this tool.
The stability ball workout helps to increase the body endurance and reduces the risks of injury. It is very helpful in achieving your fitness goals, having a shapely body, and simply becoming healthier. The results will encourage you to continue using it. Follow this workout to get the best results for your abs.
1. Supermans (2-3 Sets 15 Reps)
– Lie face down on a mat, with your arms fully extended above your head and your legs fully extended behind you.
– Lift your chest, arms and legs off the floor by arching your back. Only the tops of your quads and your lower abdomen should be in contact with the floor.
– Hold for a count of 2 while squeezing your abdominals and obliques. Return to the starting position for a count of one, then repeat.
2. Bridge (3-4 Sets 15-20 Reps)
– Lie with your back flat on an exercise mat and your feet resting on top of a Swiss ball. Use your feet to roll the ball away from you until your legs are fully extended and your ankles are on top of the ball. This is the start position.
– Keep your shoulders flat on the ground and press down with your feet to raise your hips off the floor. Bend your knees, so that the ball is pulled towards you and continue as far as is comfortable. Hold for a count of one.
– Return to the starting position by extending your legs until they are straight.
3. Medicine Ball Wall Throw
– Stand up straight with a tight core and flat back. Holding a medicine ball with both hands, face a wall and make sure you have distanced yourself approximately 5 feet away.
– Bring the medicine ball up and behind your head in an arc fashion. Launch the ball forward towards the wall.
– Catch the ball as it bounces back and bring it back up and behind your head. Repeat the movement.
4. Bulgarian Split Squats
– Stand up straight while holding two dumbbells. Maintain a tight core and flat back as you carefully place your right foot on a ball behind you with toes facing down.
– Bend at the front knee as you drop the back knee, maintaining perfect form. Front knee should not go over the toes. Allow your thigh to come to parallel with the floor.
– Pause then slowly return to the starting position without locking out your knee. Repeat then switch sides once set is complete.
– Place a Swiss Ball on the ground and lie face down in front of it. With your hands beneath your shoulders, push yourself up into a classic Push-Up position. With a tight core, place one foot on the Swiss Ball. Once you feel balanced, position the other foot on the ball as well.
– Maintaining a braced core and a flat back, slowly lower your upper body towards the floor. Focus all of the tension into your chest. Your feet will remain on the ball, fighting for balance during the movement.
– Push yourself back into the starting position before beginning again.
6. Exercise Ball Back Extensions
– Lie prone on a swiss ball with your feet hip width apart. You can place your feet against a wall for better stability. Clasp your hands behind your head with elbows pointing out.
– Engage your abs and raise your torso off the ball, hyperextending your spine.
– Return your torso to the ball to the starting position.
7. Exercise Ball Dumbbell Shoulder Press
– Holding a pair of dumbbells, carefully sit and find your balance on a stability ball.
– Sit up straight and keep your core tight as you lift the dumbbells up to shoulder height. The dumbbells should be horizontal and your palms should be facing forward.
– Slowly push the dumbbells overhead without locking out your elbow. Pause and return to the starting position.
8. Exercise Ball Dumbbell Chest Press (8 Times 4 Reps)
– Carefully sit on a stability ball while holding a pair of dumbbells. Slowly walk your legs forward while you lie back on the ball. Only your upper back and shoulders should be on the ball.
– Keep a tight core as you bring your arms out to the sides, holding the dumbbells in a horizontal position.
– Slowly, press the dumbbells straight up but do not lock out your elbow. Pause and return to the starting point.
Keyword : ball exercises