There are a lot of people who are captivated by stress nowadays. But, all of us want to read success stories, learn how to become more successful and interview successful people.
All of us especially love the tricks of how to become successful. Just think about how much money people have made through the production of media connected things such as books, conferences, CDs, DVDs, classes and so on.
The list goes on endlessly, and some of the best known self help gurus in the world have been estimated to cost about half a billion dollars.
Well, in cases such as these, all of these people were asked just about every question that is known to man, from their routine habits to their dieting plan, their balance between work and private life, how much effort do they put into their work and so on.
Today, we have asked the successful people what do they do just before bedtime. In addition we are providing you with their most interesting bed time habits, so keep on reading and find them out.
- They read – a thing that the behavioral scientists have recently discovered is that the reading is apparently the very last thing that people do just before they all go to sleep. From famous business people to national leaders and famous people, to fashion designers even, the reading is considered to be a non negotiable activity for plenty of successful individuals.
- They have a ritual where they unwind – one thing that most of the successful do not do right before bed is work. Of course, there are plenty of successful people who are considered to be workaholics, and these people can continue with their work into the late hours of the night, but this is considered to be the particular exception of the rule. Also, it is non negotiable to unwind right before bed, and there are number of things how you can do it.
- They focus on doing something nostalgic – a lot of people love taking a trip down the memory lane. By doing this you can easily set your focus to all the imprtant things in your life and really keep things in perspective. One part of being successful is the ability to recognize when you are in need of a mental break, so when the body and the mind need something other than the work they do all of the day, it can easily make us turn to something nostalgic as a way of relaxing.
- These people daydream – okay, this one is not really a surprise. There are plenty of successful people who have turned to daydreaming at some point in their lives, or mind wandering, and this is how they got to something that prought them to the next level of success. This is particularly a process that happens a lot to artists, innovators and creatives who can truly appreciate the power of the daydreaming. Other than might having the next level breakthough, some of the successful people can daydream just to put their minds at ease, get some inspiration or wisdom and develop several potential goals.
- They want to plan for tomorrow – those people who have achieved great success are very well known for their incredible working ethic, which is known to be an attribute that will often involve working above and beyond the routine that goes from 9 to 5 o’clock. Even though they may not do anything that is considered too demanding before they go to bed, they will definitely make some plans for the next day. Needless to mention, this is a short time that pays some big dividends. The successful people can understand this short term planning can make the execution of the issues of today easier and a lot less stressful.
- They are able to unplug from everything – the recharging, relaxing and avoiding heavy work can often require being disconected from the phone, computer, tablet, or any other digital device. In addition to this, some researchers have discovered how the use of the electronic devices right before bed time can make it much more difficult for a person to fall asleep, which is an essential part of any person’s life, especially successful people.
- These people will prioritize the family – for a lot of people, when the work – life balance comes to mind, they usually refer to work – family balance. For a lot of people, including those who are very successful, the family always comes at the first place. Even though at soe point balancing between work and family can be quite the difficult task, it is often considered to be something you cannot negotiate about. It does not matter to the successful people whether the time for family or pets is scheduled or not. The great people always know who are the people that make them great, and they make sure to equally give back what they’ve received.
- Successful people practice gratefulness – almost all of the successful people take the time to reflect or write down the things that have happened through their lives which they are grateful for. Some of those people keep a gratitude journal in order to keep all things in their life in perspective, and can also serve as a reminder for the progress in the different aspects of their own lives. This is a habit that is particularly important for the successful people, because their days are often filled with a lot of stressful situations. Too much stress can easily lead to pessimism, and the pesimistic outlook on life can definitely be something that successful people cannot afford to do.
- They can decompress – as we have already mentioned, the successful people often need to take care of very stressful situations. Any person that has ever been exposed to extremely high levels of stress over a longer period of time needs a certain time to decompress. For some people, this means going to the gym a lot. Other people love meditating, listening to some relaxing music or taking a long and hot bath. This kind of lists are known to be endless, but the goal has always been the same – to decompress.
- They know they need to abstain from booze – not completely abstain from it, but most of the people who are successful refuse to touch alcohol right before their bed time. Whether it is intentional or not, the successful people tend to avoid the alcohol before they go to bed because they do not want it to disturb their quality of sleep.