Many people suffer from the horrendous double chin. I do, too. That is why I always make sure to position my face a certain way when taking a picture. I hate my double chin and have always wanted to find a way to make it disappear.
I know many other people feel the same way about their double chins. A double chin does not always mean one is overweight. It can mean that the muscles in the chin and neck are not as developed as they should be.
ome common ways to remove the problem include diet change and cosmetic surgery. However, even those with an excellent diet can suffer from the double chin. Also, cosmetic surgery is not for everyone. It certainly isn’t for me.
Luckily, some simple exercises can not only strengthen the neck, jaw, and chin muscles but also remove that stubborn double chin!
Performing these exercises daily will have your chin looking firmer in no time. Some other added benefits may include increased jaw or neck strength, flexibility, and relaxation. Many people who work at a computer all day tend to end up feeling very tense around the neck and jaw area. I work at home on my computer, and I commonly experience tight jaw joints and a stiff neck. I was really excited when I found this!
The exercises are easy to follow and can be done daily at any time, at any place!
1. The Chin Lift:
How to Do:
- Stand or sit with your back perfectly straight
- Tilt your head back, so you’re looking directly up at the ceiling
- Pucker-up like you’re going to kiss the ceiling
- Hold this puckered position and count to five, then release
- Repeat this exercise five to 10 times in a row.
How to Do:
- Platysma is the muscle which starts from your jaw and runs down till the neck.
- Put your neck straight and tighten your tendons inside the jaw by pulling the lips over teeth and turning the corners of the mouth downward.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds and repeat it 10 times.
3. Stretch Your Neck to Sides:
How to Do:
- Stand in an upright position with your shoulders squared and relaxed.
- Wrap your right arm over your head to touch the left ear.
- Bend your head towards the right shoulder.
- Hold for 5 minutes and release.
- Repeat with the left hand and the right ear.
4. Tongue Press: