With the fast-paced lifestyle and multi-tasking becoming a routine, dependability on packaged food and lack of exercise has almost become a norm. More and more people today are giving up on exercise, either due to lack of time or other reasons. While this may not affect everyone the same way, there are many who can see the difference pretty soon, especially around their waist. Everyone wants to reduce fat from some or other part of the body. And the most common problem area is the tummy.
Here are 6 tips to keep in mind while you’re worrying about your belly fat:
. Before you target your tummy fat, try to lose the extra fat around your abs by doing cardiovascular exercises that engage multiple muscles. Try circuit training that burns higher amount of calories in a shorter period.
2. There is no such thing as spot reduction when you have a lot of weight to lose. Instead, try to lose some weight, and once you are thin enough, focus on particular areas to get better results.
3. Get more sleep. If you’re not getting enough sleep and only concentrating on the exercises, you’ll end up over-exhausting yourself. This will do more harm than good. You will end up eating more to fight the lethargic feeling. Try to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep per night in order to win in the fight against belly fat.
4. Eat less sugar and calories. Belly fat is easily reduced with a controlled diet. Try to include more protein and fiber rich vegetables that will keep you full for longer, resulting in less snacking between meals.
5. Drink more water as this will keep you satiated and will prevent you from mistaking thirst for hunger.
6. Eat more fat to burn more fat. Consuming healthy fats actually help your body to burn the unwanted fat. Stock up on healthy fats like healthy oil and fish.
Sticking to a meal plan besides working out is of equal importance. Follow this diet plan for 7 days and notice the difference on your own. It’s suggested to start on a weekend so that you have time for yourself to be prepared.
Breakfast: Omelette made with three egg whites and filled with 75g chopped mixed peppers and a handful of spinach
Mid-morning snack: 100g chicken with ½ red pepper, sliced
Lunch: One grilled chicken breast, mixed salad leaves, red peppers, green beans and ¼ tbsp olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g turkey breast with ¼ cucumber, sliced
Dinner: 100g grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli
Breakfast: Baked chicken breast with a handful of stir-fried kale
Mid-morning snack: 100g turkey breast and ½ green pepper, sliced
Lunch: Baked haddock fillet with mixed green salad, with ½ tbsp olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g turkey breast with 75g steamed broccoli
Dinner: One salmon steak with chopped dill and steamed green beans
Breakfast: 100g smoked salmon, plus spinach
Mid-morning snack: 100g chicken breast with ½ yellow pepper, sliced
Lunch: One grilled chicken breast with garden salad and ½ tbsp olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g turkey slices with ¼ avocado
Dinner: One grilled lamb steak (or two cutlets); steamed broccoli and spinach
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (one whole, two whites), tomatoes, green beans
Mid-morning snack: 100g turkey slices with ¼ cucumber, sliced
Lunch: Baked cod fillet with salad, tomato, spinach and ½ tbsp olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g chicken breast with ½ grilled courgette
Dinner: 100g chicken breast stir-fry made with ½ tsp oil and green veg
Breakfast: 200g turkey breast with ¼ avocado and ¼ cucumber, sliced
Mid-morning snack: Two hard-boiled eggs with ½ red pepper, sliced
Lunch: 150g grilled prawns with a green salad and tomatoes, ½ tbsp olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g turkey breast with five almonds
Dinner: 100g chicken breast with steamed broccoli
Breakfast: One grilled haddock fillet with roasted peppers and courgettes
Mid-morning snack: 100g chicken with one tomato, sliced
Lunch: 150g turkey with green salad, steamed broccoli and ½ tbsp olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g chicken with five pecan nuts
Dinner: 150g-200g steak served with steamed green beans and broccoli
Breakfast: Three-egg-white omelette, grilled tomatoes and steamed spinach
Mid-morning snack: 100g turkey with five Brazil nuts
Lunch: 150g chicken breast with steamed asparagus and green salad
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g turkey with ¼ cucumber, sliced
Dinner: Grilled, skinless duck breast with steamed oriental greens or broccoli