This week we’re focusing on powerful exercises for targeting your core. Instructor, Hannah Marie Corbin, is bringing us another strong series of moves to add to our “Holiday Output” feature this week. Follow along below for a strong and effective post-ride workout.
What you’ll need: A comfortable mat and a 5-10 lb. weight.
First Workout: Dumbbell Oblique Side Bends
Great workout to improve your obliques.
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell (5-10 lbs) in your right hand with your palm facing in.
- Put your left hand on your left hip and bend to the left lowering the weight down to just below knee level.
- Concentrate engaging your side to bring yourself up and return to the starting position.
- Do 15 dips on each side.
Second Workout: Lying Leg Raise
Great for toning your lower abs.
- Start by lying on a mat, place your arms on either side of you flat on the floor with your palms facing down.
- Keep your legs as straight as possible and slowly raise your legs to a 90 degree angle.
- Using your lower abs, raise your hips up and hold the contraction at the top for one second, then slowly lower your legs to the start position.
- Do 15 reps.
Third Workout: Plank Hip Twists
Great workout to build your core strength and stability.
- Start in a forearm plank position and make sure your elbows are aligned below the shoulders and arms parallel to the body at a shoulder-width distance.
- Clasp your hands together and engage your inner thighs for an extra workout.
- Lift your hips so your body forms a line from head to heels.
- Lower your hips to either side, starting with the left side then on the right side as well.
- Make sure that movement happens only in the hip, although your feet can also turn for stability.
- Do 10 reps, 3-4 sets.
Source : www.cadence.pelotoncycle.com