When little pouches of unwarranted fat bulge out from the sides of your back, sticking out from fitted tops, or playing peek-a- boo with that splendid saree, it only spells UGLY! Call them tyres, call them love handles, call them whatever you please, these fatty masses can really spoil your otherwise perfect figure. And mind you, they are really hard to loose. But as the saying goes, “nothing is impossible”, a little hard work and determination can work wonders for you.
Read on, as we have given you a list of solutions to get rid of love handles:
How to Reduce Love Handles Permanently:
1. Adjust your diet by reducing your daily calories and eating more protein. Plug your stats into this macronutrient calculator to get your goal calories as well as your protein, carbs, and fat goals.
2. Strength train ALL of your body areas including your abs. Strength training signals to your body that your muscles are important and should be preserved thereby encouraging it to burn your body fat.
3. Understand that spot reducing body fat is not possible. The order in which you lose body fat is determined by your genetics. If you tend to carry less fat in your belly than other areas, you can expect to see abs a bit quicker. However, if you tend to carry your fat over your abs that means you’ll likely lean out there last.
4. Sleep- A- Thon. In this mad race for life, we often undermine the importance of sleep. A good 6 to 8 hours of sleep heals every part of the body, and yes, you do lose weight when you sleep. And losing weight means losing those love handles too!
5. Drink Up & Drink Down: Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. Water literally washes out the impurities and dilutes the fat. It might be slow, but it plays a big role in eliminating fat. On the other hand, minimize consumption of alcohol and sugary drinks. You will notice that you instantly bloat when you have alcohol. Try to cut down sugary and aerated drinks completely, and as for alcohol, limit your intake to just 2 drinks a week and see the difference.
6. The Food Story: You are what you eat! And it is for you to decide who you want to be, and you definitely don’t want to be fat! Make sure to have meals at regular intervals. Eat many meals (but small meals), and make sure you don’t eat after 8:00 pm. Include a whole lot of fruits and veggies in your diet. They are packed with essential nutrients. Healthy proteins and fats are very important for weight loss. Don’t forget whole grains and fiberif you want to have a balanced diet. Eat clean home cooked meals as much as you possibly can, and try to completely eliminate processed foods (Super Unhealthy!). Now that we’ve got the basics covered, here are a few love-handle specific exercises that are simple and easy!
How to Reduce Love Handles Temporarily:
1. Manipulate your water weight. You manage your water weight all the time; you just don’t realize you’re doing it. Think about the times when you wake up, and you’re feeling trimmer than usual. You’re typically leaner in the morning because your body perspires throughout the night causing water weight loss. Therefore, my tip here is to start doing it on purpose.
The safest way to purposefully manipulate your water weight to reduce love handles is by drinking water and sweating. It’s pretty easy. Drink a gallon of water every day and exercise to sweat off the excess water weight. Products like sweet sweat encourage excess water shedding as well as waist trimmers which increase your body’s temperature during workouts.
2. Diet. Eating a healthy diet will help keep calories low and will give your body the proper nutrients it needs to function. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends eating lean meats, fish, poultry, nuts and eggs for valuable protein. Fresh fruits and vegetables along with whole grains and low-fat dairy products are also recommended. Avoid eating too many foods high in added salt and sugar, fats, trans-fats and cholesterol. Monitor portion control and avoid eating large meals. Leave two to four hours between meals to keep your metabolism regulated and aid proper digestion.