There are many powerful herbs that are used to treat parasite infections; however, taking them without adhering to the basics of a healthy lifestyle is like putting the wagon before the horse.
Before we dive in, know that it is not advised to take any herbs unless you’ve been working with a professional or, even better, a functional medicine doctor with experience in parasitic infections. It’s ideal if you have been practicing a holistic lifestyle for some time. That is because the first and most critical step for healing an infection is getting your immune system up and functioning optimally.
One of the very last steps is going to be experimenting with herbs. To help this process, if you suspect you have an infection or are running a routine yearly cleanse, here are some of the best natural food and herbal remedies for parasites. (But first, a list of symptoms to watch out for)
Many people fail to recognize the multiple signs of parasites. They include:
- Mood disorders: depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, very irritable
- Strong cravings for processed foods and sugary foods
- Anemia or iron deficiency- worms can create enough blood loss to cause anemia or iron deficiency
- Skin ailments such as hives, rashes, weeping eczema, itchy dermatitis, acne, ulcers, sores, lesions, etc.
- Recurring yeast infections like Candida
- Bleeding gums
- Restlessness or anxiety
- Nervousness, as waste products from parasites irritate the nervous system
- Teeth grinding and drooling during sleep
- Food allergies/food sensitivities
- Loss of appetite
- Sexual dysfunction in men/menstrual cycle problems in women
- Chronic fatigue/constantly tired
- Craving foods you KNOW are bad for you
- Persistent digestive problems (cramps, bloating, gas, etc.)
- Hungry all the time
- Sore/stiff joints
- Breathing problems
- Itching – especially around mouth, nose and anus
- Memory problems