Fashion and make up trends come and go. More recently, the bushier eyebrow has been making a comeback. Here, the mantra “more is more” is key. The times when plucked, thin eyebrows were in (back in the 90s) are long over. Not everyone is born with bushy eyebrows, but there are plenty of ways you can boost your brows.
We’re going to show you some tips and tricks for how you can promote eyebrow growth. And the best part is that you don’t have to spend loads of money on expensive cosmetics and growth tools. Most of the smaller items can be found in nearly every household.
1. Castor oil
Castor oil is one of the most effective means to accelerate eyebrow growth. It contains proteins, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish the hair follicles and promote the growth process. Here’s how you apply it:
- Dip a cotton swab in pure castor oil and apply it directly to your brows.
- Slowly massage it in for several minutes using your fingers.
- Now let the whole thing take effect for about 30 minutes or longer.
- Then wash out the oil carefully with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process daily over the course of several weeks.
Tip: If you experience any irritation on your face or in your eyes, stop the process immediately
2. Olive oil
Olive oil is in nearly every kitchen, but it’s not just an essential ingredient in your cooking. It also contains vitamin E, which promotes eyebrow growth.
- Simply apply several drops olive oil on the brows prior to sleeping at night.
- Gently rub it in.
- Allow to take effect overnight.
- Wash off the next morning with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively you can mix ½ tsp of olive oil with several drops of honey and apply it to your brows. Rub in briefly and after half an hour wash it off.
3. Egg yolk
Egg yolk contains keratin which promotes hair growth.
- Crack the egg and separate the egg yolk from the egg white.
- Whisk the egg yolk until it acquires a creamy consistency.
- Apply the egg yolk to your brows using a cotton swab.
- After 15-20 minutes, wash the egg yolk off with cold water.
- The process should be repeated 1 to 2 times a week.
4. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera contains enzymes that nourish hair follicles and accelerate thick eyebrow growth.
- Remove the gel from a leaf of aloe vera by separating the gel from the inside of the leaf with a knife.
- Mix ½ tsp of gel with a splash of honey and coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to your eyebrows.
- After 30 minutes, wash off the mixture with water.
- Repeat the process daily for several weeks straight.
Milk is not just essential in the kitchen. It also contains proteins as well as other growth-promoting nutrients.
- Add some milk to a small bowl.
- Dip a cotton swab in and apply the milk gently to your eyebrows.
- Leave the milk on your eyebrows until it has dried and wash it off thoroughly with water.
- Repeat the procedure daily for several weeks until the desired effect has been achieved.
6. Coconut oil
Another way to promote hair growth is using coconut oil. It contains various proteins as well as nutrients such as vitamin E and iron. It can be also help darken your eyebrows.
- Apply several drops of coconut oil on your eyebrows and gently massage with your fingers.
- Leave the oil on your brows overnight.
- Wash the oil off with lukewarm water the next morning.
- Repeat this process daily for 1 to 2 months to see results.
7. Onion juice
An onion can also be found in nearly every kitchen. The juice contained inside supports hair growth as well thanks to the sulphuric compounds in the onion, which promote the production of collagen tissue. This is important for eyebrow growth and strengthens hair follicles.
- First peel 1 small onion and chop it into pieces.
- Squeeze the juice out by pressing the onion pieces through a finely woven towel.
- Rub the juice into your brows for about 5 minutes.
- Allow the juice to dry for several minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process for several weeks to obtain the desired result.