You grind for months to get into shape for the bikini body of your vacation dreams but – lo and behold! You have a new insecurity: dark, pigmented inner thighs.
Can a girl ever catch a break?
We feel you, sister. Which is why we’re here with some pocket-friendly solutions!Here are 7 great natural ways to help you brighten your inner thighs and feel like a goddess in your swimsuit.
What Causes The Skin On Your Inner Thighs To Darken?
Two of the biggest reasons for your inner thighs to appear darker than the rest of your body are the methods you use to remove hair from your thighs as well as the material of the jeans that you wear.
Brightening of the inner thighs is really easy if you follow the methods mentioned in this article. They will help to bring the skin tone of your inner thighs in level with the rest of your body. However, if the skin on your neck, armpits, elbows or knees is darker than the rest of your body, you must consult a dermatologist since this may be due to a skin disease.
1. Lemon and yogurt masque
Lemon is found in several recipes in this article and for good reason. It’s one of the best ingredients for removing dark spots from the skin.
Advice that applies to any recipe that includes lemon: never apply lemon during the day because exposure to the sun will cause further darkening! This is the opposite of what you want. Be very careful when using any remedy that contains lemon.
Now let’s continue with the lemon and yogurt masque.
- The juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Greek or natural yogurt
- Mix both ingredients in a container.
- Wash the inner thighs and dry well.
- Apply this paste and let work for 30 minutes.
- After the specified time, rinse with warm water.
- Repeat every night for at least 1 week.
On top of taking advantages of the clarifying properties of lemon, you’ll enjoy the moisturizing effects of yogurt.
2. Lemon, honey and oil paste
Honey is a perfect exfoliant (you’ll need the crystallized form, not the liquid) and the oil helps smooth the skin. We’ve already mentioned the benefits of lemon above.
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive oil is best)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and mix with the other two ingredients.
- Apply to the inner thigh area.
- Let work for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Repeat this treatment to exfoliate and moisturize every night before going to bed.
3. Lemon and cottage cheese
It’s not to eat! You can lighten your intimate areas with this natural mixture.
- 1 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 5 drops lemon juice
- Mix both ingredients and apply to the darkened areas and let dry (15-20 minutes).
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
Repeat this treatment daily for at least a week.
4. Lemon slices
- Take a lemon and cut two slices (the remainder can be saved for other uses, if you want).
- Rub a slice on each side of the inner thighs.
- Leave on the darkest areas for half an hour.
- Remove and wash with warm water and dry with a warm cloth.
- Repeat daily.
5. Rice water
Rice water possesses many benefits for the skin’s health and beauty. All you have to do is boil rice as you normally would (without salt or oil). When cooked, strain it, but instead of discarding the water, store it in a container.
Let the rice water completely cool, then pour it into a spray bottle. Spray on darkened areas and let dry. Do not rinse.
Store the remainder in the fridge so you don’t have to boil more every day for your treatment.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is used to disinfect wounds. This means that you will most probably find it in your first-aid kit. Simply moisten a piece of cotton with hydrogen peroxide and rub it on your inner thighs. This method will help lighten the skin on your inner thighs by getting rid of any germs and bacteria on them.
Lighten Dark Underarms With These Natural Effective Methods!
Are you scared of raising your hands in public? Are your dark underarms stopping you from flaunting the new sleeveless top from your closet?
Being cautious all the time demands sacrificing your freedom!
Dark coloration of the skin in your armpits is not a medical condition or some disease. Rather, small mistakes like using chemical-laden hair-removing creams, shaving, using alcohol-based deodorants and antiperspirants, poor ventilation in the underarm region and a buildup of dead skin cells have led to your skin getting dark.
Carelessness on your part is the major reason behind your dark armpits, and you’ll need to put in a sincere effort and some time to get your skin back to a normal tone.
Do not fret. Your underarms are not destined to be dark forever! With these simple and natural home remedies, you’ll soon wear your sleeveless tops again quickly.
Method 1: Use Lemon
Nothing can beat lemons when it comes to bleaching! A natural cleanser, lemons are 1 natural ingredient that help lighten your dark armpits fast.
Moreover, they contain incredible antibacterial, antiseptic and acidic properties that help exfoliate the dead skin cells and thus lighten your skin.
Single-Step Treatment: Rub lemon slices on your armpits
- Just grab a couple of lemon slices and rub them on your underarms before you take a bath.
- Let the lemon juice sit on your skin for 5 minutes, then wash it off.
- Finish with a moisturizer after your bath, as lemon tends to dry out the skin.
Do this every day for up to 15 days to observe significant results.
Method 2: Use Potato
Potatoes contain malic acid, an excellent bleaching agent that helps lighten your skin tone. They also contain starch that has emollient properties that help smooth and soften the skin.
Step 1. Peel a potato
- Peel a potato and thinly slice it.
Step 2. Thinly slice the potato and apply for 25 min
- Cut the potato into thin slices.
- Rub a slice of potato on each of your underarms.
- Leave the potato juice on your skin for 20 to 25 minutes to dry, then wash it off with warm water.
Use this remedy once daily for effective results.
Alternatively, you can extract the juice of a potato and rub it on your armpits.
Method 3: Use Baking Soda and Lemon
Baking soda is an incredible exfoliating agent that helps remove dead skin cells and unclog skin pores, thus lightening your dark underarms.
Lemon, on the other hand, is a powerful antiseptic and antibacterial as well as a natural bleaching agent, which also helps lighten the dark skin.
Things you’ll need:
- Baking soda – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Step 1. Pour lemon juice into baking soda
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
Step 2. Mix the ingredients and apply it for 5 min
- Mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Apply the paste on your underarms.
- Scrub it around for 5 minutes, then wash it off using lukewarm water.
- Finish with moisturizing your skin.
Repeat 3 or 4 times a week for effective results.
Method 4: Use Milk
Milk contains a plethora of vitamins and fatty acids that help minimize the darkening of your skin, making the skin tone lighter along with smoothing and softening the skin.
Single-Step Treatment: Apply milk every day for 15 min
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of milk in a small bowl or cup.
- Soak a cotton ball in the milk and rub it on your underarms.
- Leave it to dry for 15 minutes, then wash it off using lukewarm water.
Repeat the remedy every day for up to 3 weeks to observe amazing results.