One of the biggest problems everybody is trying to avoid is unwanted body hair. Particularly on the visible areas of the body like feet, hands back or even face, which can be frustrating.
Though hair provides our body with insulation, they can also disrupt the harmony of one’s perfect look. In order to treat hirsutism ( the scientific name for the condition), we must first find out what causes it.
Generally, surplus body hair growth occurs due to pregnancy, irregular menstrual cycle, imbalance of the hormones in the body and the use of certain medications.
Thus, we often find ourselves wasting a ton of money to stop or prevent it. And we are trying everything from waxing & shaving to electrolysis and laser hair removal.
But, is ‘permanent’ removal a myth, and are the hair always going to grow back again?
The answer to both of these questions is YES. There is no such thing as ‘permanent’ as most of the treatments offered by the beauty clinics are painful and cost a fortune.
And yes, hair will always grow back again eventually, since all the methods only address the hair follicles partially, never fully. Thereby, this fact could be disappointing and be discouraging at the same time.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER NOW AND GET YOUR:
- FREE eBook! Our best 18 health advice in one eBook ready for you.
- FREE Health Tips Directly in Your Inbox! Healthy Food, Natural Remedies, Exercises and more…
However, keep your heads up! There are but a few cheap, all-natural allergic-free ways you can try at the comfort of your home as a substitute to laser burns.
In addition, they are suitable for various skin types and don’t cause rashes. Instead, they leave your skin feeling wonderful after and you don’t have to resort to expensive treatments.
5 Amazing Home Remedies for Hirsutism
1. Turmeric Powder & Rose Water Paste
Turmeric is not only popular for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, but can also do a good job in preventing surplus hair growth.
On the other hand, the cleansing ability of Rose water helps in elimination of the dirt inside the clogged pores on the skin.
- 2tsp of turmeric powder (or as many needed to cover the area you want to remove hair from)
- Rose water
- Put the turmeric powder in a bowl
- Add the rose water and thoroughly mix them until what you get is a smooth texture
- With the paste, massage the body parts you want to remove hair from gradually. Leave the paste on for 20 minutes approximately (or until it’s dry)
- Rinse your skin with warm water for smooth effects
- For best results, repeat the process at least once a week
Dense Hair Variation
Follow the same process, but instead of rose water – use gram flour
2. Honey, Lemon & Sugar Paste
All the ingredients together work as a fantastic alternative to the use of wax parlors. While sugar acts as an amazing exfoliant (due to its granular texture), honey makes a paste when added to it.
Lemon, on the other hand, is a natural bleaching agent and helps lighten the color of your body hair. Be aware that this remedy is similar to parlor waxing, and might be a little painful.
- 1tsp of honey
- A bowl of water
- 1tbsp of sugar
- A bowl of cornstarch
- 1tsp of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a cooking vessel
- Heat it up using a low flame to avoid burning it. Sugar will start to melt and form a thick paste slowly
- If the paste is too thin, add 1-2tsp of cornstarch. If the paste is too thick, add some more water
- Gently apply some cornstarch on the areas you want to remove hair from
- Cool the paste down before applying it on your skin and in the direction of hair growth.
- Dab your skin firmly using a cloth and rip it off after in a quick motion
- Repeat the same process on all problem areas you want to remove hair from
3. Lentil & Potato Paste
Lentils and potatoes together act as both hair removal and bleaching agents.
- 1 bowl of yellow lentils
- 1 bowl of crushed potatoes
- 4tbsp of lemon juice
- 1tbsp of honey
- Ground the lentils after soaking them overnight, to create a paste
- Extract the juice from the crushed potatoes using either a cloth or a sieve
- Add the potato & lemon juices along with the honey to the lentil paste and thoroughly mix it
- Apply the paste on the problem areas and leave it on for 20 minutes (or until it dries)
- Rub the dry paste off your skin using your fingers to remove the excess hair
4. Turmeric & Raw Papaya Paste
Papaya is an excellent exfoliant which helps you dispatch dead skin cells. Also, it also contains the enzyme papain, which blocks the hair growth by breaking off hair follicles.
The effects of the paste are doubled when you add turmeric to the equation!
- ½ tsp. of turmeric powder
- Raw papaya
- Peel the fresh papaya and grind it until you form a paste
- Put 2tsp of the paste in a bowl and put the rest of it aside
- Add the turmeric powder in the bowl and mix it thoroughly
- Apply the paste on the problem areas and massage in circular motions
- When done, leave the paste on for another 20 minutes
- Rinse the area with warm water
- For best results, repeat this treatment at least twice a week
5. Egg & Cornstarch Paste
The sticky nature of egg whites can quite well work as a hair-removal agent. When combined with cornstarch, they gain bonus power in removing even the stubbornest of hairs.
However, this method might be a little hurtful, so be careful.
- ½ tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp of sugar
- Remove the egg white from the egg
- Add the sugar and the cornstarch along with the egg white into a bowl
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly until you get a paste
- Apply the paste to the problem areas you want to remove hair from
- Leave the paste on for another 25 minutes to dry
- Peel the paste mask off in a quick motion
- For best results, repeat this method at least twice a week
Anyway, you need to be patient when you try these remedies, as natural resources take a longer period of time to show results.
Furthermore, not only these methods are extremely beneficial for our skin care without any adverse effects, but their ingredients are also natural and highly available.